February 21, 2015
Stevenson High School
33500 W. Six Mile Rd.
Livonia, MI 48152
Events | Registration | Travel and Lodging | T-Shirts
Here is some additional info about some of the corps attending and performing at #fj2014 this weekend in Ann Arbor. FJ 2014 corps bios
Freezer Jam 2014 is upon us! Here you should find everything you need to know!
- Arriving to Ann Arbor and Freezer Jam
- Hotels are available here
- Free lodging is available here
- Freezer Jam is happening at the University of Michigan League and the Lydia Mendelssohn Theater (which is in the same building as the League)
- We have reserved street parking for one equipment vehicle for each corps alongside the League on Fletcher Street between North University and Huron.
- Other vehicles may park for $5 at the Fletcher Street Parking Garage between North University and Huron. This structure is across the street from the League. Tell the attendant you are parking for Freezer Jam at the League.
- See this handy Parking and Eating map, too!
- 7:00 am — Check-in begins
- 7:30 am — Breakfast (fruit, pastries, juice, coffee, tea) will be available at the League
- 8:00 am — Welcome and Session A (Same Tune/Different Corps)
- 9:00 am — Session B (Fife Yoga; Beat Smarter Not Harder: Improving Drum Practice; Using Digital Media to Improve Practice; Scottish Dancing; Irish Session Music; Guard; FDC Behind the Scenes; Tone Drumming)
- 10:30 am — Session C (Arranging Fife Melody Using Pentatonics; Arranging Awesome Drum Solos; Blow Smarter, Not Harder: Improving Fife Practice; Pipes; FDC Idol!; Marching; Musicality for Fifers and Drummers)
- 12:00 pm — Lunch is at Buffalo Wild Wings across the street on State Street
- 1:30 pm — Stage time and Group Rehearsal
- 3:00 pm — Public Concert
- 6:30 pm– Dinner at Holiday Inn on Plymouth Road near US-23 (actual start time depending on the concert end)
- Official Limited Edition Commemorative Freezer Jam 2014 T-Shirts are available! You can buy them before the day of the event. T-Shirt sales directly support the conference!
The D3 Fife and Drum Corps invites you to join us in the 19th Annual Freezer Jam Concert at the University of Michigan’s Lydia Mendhelshon Theater in Ann Arbor, MI at 3pm on March 1, 2014. Freezer Jam 2014 features performances by fife and drum corps from around the midwest, including Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin. Each corps will perform a set of music pulled from historical manuscripts as well as other traditional music sources wearing uniforms from the 1700s. Fife and Drum music has been an ongoing tradition in the Midwest and the Eastern Seaboard since the Colonial era. Come experience the wealth of our nation’s musical heritage!
Each ticket costs $10 and directly supports the day long program of workshops that the musicians attend. Tickets for the concert are available online through our nonprofit partner, BrownPaperTickets.com here.